Macy C. Smith, Jr., MD, FACC, FHRS
Cardiac Electrophysiologist In Birmingham, Al
Dr. Macy Smith is a Top Cardiac Electrophysiologist in Birmingham, Alabama specializing in arrhythmia. Atrial fibrillation is the most common heart irregularity or cardiac arrhythmia that Dr. Smith treats. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC) and Heart Rhythm Society (FHRS), one of the highest membership levels attainable.
Earning the right to include FACC and FHRS designation among your credentials lets your colleagues and patients know that you have been conferred to the highest credential by your peers. It shows that you are committed to only the highest standards of Cardiovascular Care and Cardiac Electrophysiology.
Dr. Smith is the Director of the Electrophysiology Center of Excellence for Cardiovascular Associates.
“Dr Macy is an excellent doctor! He diagnosed my heart problem, and after a careful explanation of treatment options, he provided the most non-invasive treatment possible. I am healed and much stronger. I would highly recommend Dr. Macy to anyone needing treatment.”
Dr. Smith’s Experience
As a Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Dr. Smith has a lot of experience in treating arrhythmias and heart disorders.
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial flutter
- Left atrial arrhythmias
- AV Node Reciprocating Tachycardia
- Atrial Tachycardia
- Wolfe Parkinson White (WPW)
- Premature ventricular contractions
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Pacemaker implantation
- ICD implantation
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
- Pacing and ICD lead extraction\
Education & Credentials
Dr. Macy Smith graduated in 2001 from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, AL. From 2001-2002 he completed an Internal Medicine internship at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He then completed his Internal Medicine residency the following two years. After completing residency, Dr. Smith completed a number of fellowships at The Ohio State University. These include Cardiovascular Medicine Fellow (2004-2008), Chief Cardiology Fellow (2006-2007), and Electrophysiology Fellow (2007-2008).
Dr. Smith has achieved many certifications in his specialty. these include:
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2004
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, Subspecialty Cardiovascular Disease, 2007
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, 2012
- Fellowship in the Heart Rhythm Society (FHRS), 2014
- Fellowship is one of the highest membership levels attainable in the American College of Cardiology. Earning the right to include the FACC designation among your credentials lets your colleagues and patients know that you have been conferred to the highest credential by your peers – and that you are committed to only the highest standards of Cardiovascular care. Read more about FACC.
- Fellowship is one of the highest membership levels attainable in the Heart Rhythm Society. Earning the right to include FHRS designation among your credentials lets your colleagues and patients know that you have been conferred to the highest credential by your peers – and that you are committed to only the highest standards of Cardiac Electrophysiology. Read more about FHRS.
Dr. Macy C. Smith is married and the father of 3 girls and 1 boy. He is a college football fan and aviation enthusiast. Dr. Smith coaches his children’s basketball teams and exercises daily. He enjoys spending time with his family, learning new skills, and outdoor activities.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are suffering from arrhythmia and seeking treatment, call 205.510.5000 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Macy Smith in Birmingham, AL.